Vietnamese A1

Ok...I just replied to your pm and didn't realise that you are doing self-taught. That changes things. Even if you are self-taught, you should have a supervisor or something, right? Because it would be pretty unlikely that you should be setting your own oral commentary extract, because the commentary is an interactive test, so you would need someone there to ask you questions. Either check with the syllabus or with your school to see how you're doing the commentary.

Truong em co Tutor, thuong thi chi den huong dan bon em 2-3 lan / nam thoi. Nhung nam nay A1 self-taught moi doi, nam nay la first examination, candidate tu chon extract cho nen bon em moi bi the nay =.=...bon em chon duoc het extract roi nhung ko biet phai de nhu nao la dung, vi du nhu ban em, chon ca 1 doan van dai co 75 dong nhung sau day doi font thanh 40 dong o_O, khong biet nhu the thi co bi sao khong?

Ok...I just replied to your pm and didn't realise that you are doing self-taught. That changes things. Even if you are self-taught, you should have a supervisor or something, right? Because it would be pretty unlikely that you should be setting your own oral commentary extract, because the commentary is an interactive test, so you would need someone there to ask you questions. Either check with the syllabus or with your school to see how you're doing the commentary.

I got 28 (not yet moderated by IBO) for my IOC with a poem of Xuan Dieu, so font editing was not a problem for me. However, I believe that trying to have a longer prose will not improve your marks, and I'd rather pick the part that I feel like commenting for the required duration.

Edited by Aquarius

Congrat! :bawling:

well, the problem is the extract that we feel like commenting for is long....(the whole chapter "trong long me"!

what was your extract?? in my school we have to analyse "truyen kieu" and "nhung ngay tho au - nguyen hong" for Oral and "chi pheo", "chu nguoi tu tyu" for paper 2

I got 28 (not yet moderated by IBO) for my IOC with a poem of Xuan Dieu, so font editing was not a problem for me. However, I believe that trying to have a longer prose will not improve your marks, and I'd rather pick the part that I feel like commenting for the required duration.

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak =)

Congrat! :bawling:

well, the problem is the extract that we feel like commenting for is long....(the whole chapter "trong long me"!

what was ur extract?? in my school we have to analyse "truyen kieu" and "nhung ngay tho au - nguyen hong" for Oral and "chi pheo", "chu nguoi tu tyu" for paper 2

My extract was the entire poem "Voi vang" of Xuan Dieu, and the prescribed title given by my teacher was discussing the quote of Hoai Thanh (a critic) about how youthful Xuan Dieu was in his poem. My advice is that you try to find a quote of any (highly regarded) critic about "Trong Long Me" and pick the part that you feel most suitably applied to do your IOC. Hope it helps!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Minh o Uc day !!!!!!!!

La. nhi, minh tuong bai thi Vietnamese A1 se duoc gui ve..... Van Phong IB chi nhanh ... Vietnam de cham diem chu :)

Chỉ bài của các thí sinh ở nước ngoài thì mới gửi về VN chấm được thôi em, còn bài của các bạn ở VN thì sẽ gửi đi chỗ khác chấm.

All 9 Vietnamese A1 SL candidates in my session got 7 (We don't have any HL candidates in my session)!

hohoho, I thing I just heard some GOOD newss :o:)

Chẹp thật ra Viet A1 theo kinh nghiệm của các khóa trước là dễ được điểm cao lắm, một phần cũng vì ít người học. Hay ít nhất hồi chị học thì thế có thể bây giờ nó khác rồi :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I'm vietnamese, 2nd year and currently in stockholm. I've lived most of my life in vietnam, learnt the vietnamese way of studying literature of everything but I dont know if self learning IB vietnamese standard and getting a high score is possible? Anyone who had done this please share your experience!

Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you need to talk to a supervisor of yours, I'm sure you have one for your A1 course don't ya? Talk to him/her and see what text you can use for the oral. I'm doing English A1, so as I know, generally for A1 courses, for your oral, you'll get a poem or an extract of a text that you've studied. My dad's Vietnamese too, but my mom's Singaporean, I don't take Vietnamese A1 so I'm not sure what exactly will happen to you. I'm going to a school in Norway, there's a girl in my class who takes Korean A1 self-taught, she got a supervisor who's the head of the language department. Her oral includes poem by Seamus Heaney, Sylvia Plath, and some Korean poems.