Reference Format?

coffee addict

If you are talking about your History IA, you should probally use the following: (MLA)

Last name, First name. Title. City pubilshed in: Publisher, Published date. Page

ex.

Prange, Gordon William. Pearl Harbor: the verdict of history. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1986. 462

here's a good free site to use for bibliographies, I use it a lot

easybib.com

• Like 1

If you are talking about your History IA, you should probally use the following: (MLA)

Last name, First name. Title. City pubilshed in: Publisher, Published date. Page

ex.

Prange, Gordon William. Pearl Harbor: the verdict of history. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co., 1986. 462

easybib.com

Is this the same if I am trying to reference for normal research? What about website? Do I need to include anything beside copy and paste the full link into my Acknowledgement section?

Thanx a trillion time

Edited by coffee addict

The general rule for IB assignments is that there isn't one specific structure you must use.

Your format needs to be logical and consistent, but you can use MLA, Chicago, APA, etc. as long as you use one thing consistently.

Now sometimes your school or your teachers will want you to use a specific type of referencing. That's up to them.

ex.

easybib.com

Is this the same if I am trying to reference for normal research? What about website? Do I need to include anything beside copy and paste the full link into my Acknowledgement section?

Thanx a trillion time

Websites under MLA are more complicated than that. Easybib.com [the site that he gave you] will tell you how to do it. And don't the citations go in the Bibliography/Works Cited page, not the Acknowledgements? If your teacher said put it in Acknowledgements, then listen to him/her.