History, or geography

Amber

I have never liked studying socials (geography and history put together), and now I have to chose one of them. I dont know if i should take history or geography. I am a very sciency person, is geography a sciency course? Which is "harder" and which has the highest chance of getting a higher grade? I really want to do well, i just dont know which one to take.

• Like 1

My thoughts = geography. It is more scientific though the physical geography aspect is limited for some reason, as the IB course only covers very little. However it is still more numbers and statistics oriented and its less about mass essay writing. The exam situation is that you have to know lots of case studies and use them to justify/prove your explanations on various theories etc. Its not too difficult and I enjoy it a lot.

Good luck w/ your subject picking!

• Like 1

Geography: definitely more sciencey. I don't take this, though, so I can't be entirely sure. I actually avoided picking it because I didn't like the science aspect of it :rofl:

History: memorise, write, memorise, write. Analyse sources. If you like reading and writing, and if you have a good memory, and well, if history genuinely interests you, then you will love it. There is pretty much no science, though.

From what I've heard, Geography is easier to get high marks in - but this is just hearsay. It really depends on what you like better...