IB French Oral SL - Is this a good topic?

The topic I've chosen is a newly found Sarcophagus in Egypt. I plan to talk about the find and then state how there is the controversy concerning whether or not unearthing the tomb is right for scientific research or if it is considered to be disgracing the history of egypt and the mummies shoudl be left ot lie at rest. I will argue for one side for my analysis.

I know that there are the 3 different sections and that I am only allowed to have 10 complete phrases written down so I understand the structure of the oral. My question is how could I tie this sback to french culture? I talked about this topic with one of the IB french teachers and they liked it but now I'm having trouble relating it back to something french.

Any help is appreciated. :D

Well, the topic itself really isn't all that related to French culture in any sense; as far as I know, the French weren't the most instrumental in ancient Egyptian studies. :coffee:

Perhaps you could relate it to how French archaeologists might take interest in the study? I know that sarcophaguses are sometimes put on display in an exhibition, so maybe you could even talk about how the French community has responded to such events in the past and how they might then relate to this one?

I agree with the post above me, it should really be related to French culture/France/Francophone countries/French Colonies etc. If you can link it to France that'd be great!!

My teacher made it so clear to us that it has to be something to do with the things I've just said. Ie: you could talk about French films like Amelie etc. The focus should really be about French/France/French Culture.

Also, will your teacher have enough knowledge of the Egyptian topic to ask you relevant questions?

Just my opinion. Good luck!! :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...

no, we definitely have to talk about something culture-related to that language.

tip: have you ever been to france? do you have any souvenirs? you could take that with you into your oral :) (for example a photo of you eating... cheese? :coffee: - then you could go on to cheese-culture + history of france :) )