Biology SAT Subject Test

Dreamer94

Honestly, I'm not sure how much help I can provide. I'm not in Bio SL and I haven't taken the bio subject test. What I can say is that if the topics are pretty much overlapping, that's a good sign. However, you might need to study some more material. If possible, take a practice test to see what kind of material they're covering. Also, some of the questions have a weird format that takes some getting used to. This is why I'd invest in a prep book [i found Princeton Review nice for phys and chem] and look into practice tests. If you don't have to take this subject test and you just want to, I don't know how much you'll benefit. Do you like bio so far? I definitely think you can get a decent score, but I think it'll take time and effort on your part. Same thing goes for people in HL. Same thing for people not in IB. The SAT subject test doesn't fit one particular course. A student's knowledge must be tailored to the subject test. Don't be intimidated, for sure. If anything, whatever extra prep you end up doing can only help you. =)

One thing I can tell you for certain is that by the end of IB1, I was able to practically ace Biology Subject Test, just like all my other classmates. Note that I took Biology HL, not SL.

I wouldn't see why you would need to do the subject test, because it's required mostly in medical majors, in which case you should be taking BIOLOGY HL. In other words, you're either making a mistake by taking Bio SL, or by doing the bio sat test when you don't need to.

I wouldn't waste my time preparing for Biology SAT test when you're busy with IB, you are a bio SL, you will have to prepare well before you take the SAT TEST.

Fair enough, you knwo best about universities you're applying to.

After all, it was just an advice, and you will be surprised how many people expect to be accepted for a medical program by taking Bio SL just because it's an IB subject. haha

Goodluck!

Ironically, schools here do. Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI) in Bahrain accepts all students who show English language proficiency - it doesn't matter if you're IB, AP, A levels, or even American Diploma! Of course IB/AP/A levels give you an advantage and let you skip a year, but mostly RCSI accepts students because most of the ones accepted are on scholarships - RCSI is quite expensive (like 8-10,000 BD)a year. LOL

sweetnsimple

hey guys!

sry to intrude on your convo, but i too think that you should take the Bio SAT 2 without thinking twice even if you've taken bio-SL. trust me, I took it too and the only time i learnt bio was in sophomore year :P

go for it! :vampire:

Edited by Mahuta ♥
Removed the part about IOP, you have already started a thread about that Sweetnsimple can see it :)- Maha