28 Points to Get the Diploma?

Starting in 2010, do all candidates need 28 points [without the extra points from TOK/EE] to be awarded the diploma? If so, why the change?

EDIT: I know that we have to get at least a D on both the EE and TOK or else we don't get the diploma.

EDIT2: Here is what I'm talking about--at the bottom.

Edited by sweetnsimple786

The way that my IB Coordinator explained it is that starting in 2010, you need to pass your EE in order to get the diploma, whereas in past years you only needed to have 'written' it

But I don't know if that answers your question... :blink:

I think it means that if you fail your EE, then you need to get at least a 28 to get your diploma

Well if you read it properly, you'd understand that: F* From 2010 onwards 28 points overall will be required to be eligible for the diploma if a student attains an ‘E’ grade in either the extended essay or theory of knowledge. you will need 28 points to get the diploma if you FAIL either EE or TOK.

Previously, should you have failed either the EE or TOK, you would have failed the entire diploma. So if anything, IB has made it easier to get the diploma.

Yes, that is the way my coordinator explained it to me as well. And i think you have misunderstood the language in the link that you provided (sweetnsimple786). But my coordinator also added that if you fail your EE, there is no way you can get your diploma. :blink: So, I am not too sure.