University first year rent an apartment with friends going to same uni or live on Campus

ibmonkey

so what do you reckon guys,

living on campus is really expensive... and i have friends that want to go to the same university as me... so we were thinking

what if we all got a place together. and we are all studying different things. so we wouldnt see each other that often, so not like we will get tired of each other (thats to say if we get in!)

but there are a few unis there on the gold coast.

but it helps with rent, food, electricity all that.. what do you guys do that are in uni???

I just finished my first year of uni and I lived on campus. It's easier to make friends living on campus since there's lots of residence activities so you really get to know the people in your building and on your floor, especially.

This upcoming year, I'm moving into a house with my best friends that I met in first year since almost everyone moves out after first year.

Personally I would recommend living on campus in first year but if there's a big price difference than go with the apartment.

I would agree and I'm starting university this September in the UK. You will have less of a chance to make new friends than others, because you will be with the same people all the time. I also heard that students in some universities like Nottingham that live off campus never get invited to parties and only hear about them afterwards, because the news gets passed around campus but people that live away from it don't have a proper way of communicating with the campus people.

And even if you and your friends don't have the same courses, are you sure you can live with them? Being roommates can break up friendships when you realize how much someone's ltitle habits irritate you.

uhm Gold Coast Australia right?

Rent off campus. On campus accommodation in Australia, for some bizzarre reason that I have yet to understand, is more expensive than offcampus renting. It's ok if you don't go to the same uni even, unless your unis are miles apart that it would take too long to travel. Even if you and your fiend don't end up in the same uni, you could still share with some other people, just make sure you meet them first XD . It would be a good way to meet new people.

You could try the first sem on campus to get used to the place but I don't know how they sort out on campus accommodation in your uni but if it's anything like mine you may not even get a place as first year.

uhm Gold Coast Australia right?

Rent off campus. On campus accommodation in Australia, for some bizzarre reason that I have yet to understand, is more expensive than offcampus renting. It's ok if you don't go to the same uni even, unless your unis are miles apart that it would take too long to travel. Even if you and your fiend don't end up in the same uni, you could still share with some other people, just make sure you meet them first XD . It would be a good way to meet new people.

You could try the first sem on campus to get used to the place but I don't know how they sort out on campus accommodation in your uni but if it's anything like mine you may not even get a place as first year.

yeh its griffith university on the gold coast australia.

its almost 11000aus$ a year so thats really expensive. i mean parents would pay that if they had to but getting an apartment in almost 2thirds the price 3000a year... so there is a big difference.

and the people i will live with i have grown up with them so they arent new...