Univ Dilema, help please

hector_glz

Hello my fellow IBs,

Im an IB from Mexico, and I’ve got a little dilemma right and I could really use some help, especially from IBs in the UK...

So, I applied to LSE an Warrick (among others) last year to a course on Economics.

My predicted grades where a 38 with 6 on math and because LSE wanted a 39 with 7 on math I didn't get in...

But I just saw my grades today and I got a 42 with 7 on math...so Im really mad that my predicted grades were so imprecise...I want to get to LSE since I have the score to do that, but I have already accepted the Offer on Warrick...

What are my options now?? Is it possible to ask for a transfer to LSE after my first year at Warwick? What is the probability that I'll get accepted as a transferred student… is it common for this to happen?

Also, will i begin as a 2nd year student at LSE or as a 1st one?

Thanks a looot, any answer will help =)

Edited by hector_glz

You can apply for adjustment, details can be found here:

A transfer can be done, but chances are that you are going to have to start all over again. And you would have to explain the reason of changing universities.

If you're hellbent on changing universities, take a gap year and re apply again.

Admission officers give very general statements about the Adjustment Period, but obviously IB graduates have the advantage of knowing the results much earlier (compared to 20/8 of A-levels results). Perhaps you should directly contact with LSE to see your chances.

Reapplying, in my opinion, is risky. People have high expectations that they are guaranteed to have an offer from top unis, but tend to forget other factors that these unis looking for.