IOP Help!

Thisa

Ummm yeah I joined here coz I'm fee ling extremely worried about my IOP. It's coming up in 4-5 weeks or something, not to mention our teacher has conviently gone away for those weeks

So basically I just have no idea where to start... I've got my topic, I'm doing Chaucher and how he was one of the first poets to write in modern English and to just analysis his use of Language, using the Canterbury Tales as part of my memorised poem... But apart from that I have no idea where to go from there!! I can't really think of any creative way to present it, and I really do want to get a good mark on this as it's the only thing that counts this year lol

Any help at all would be appriciated! Please, I'm desppperaateee! And I'm such a huge procrastinator I really don't want to be writing it the day before I have to give it. I want it done ASAP lol Thanks guys!

Your topic doesn't seem to be very suitable for a creative IOP, in my opinion... But if you necessarily want to do it creatively, you probably can. I haven't read Canterbury Tales, but focus on the works, remember the literary features, vary your language (especially if you're HL), and practise it until you know it well, but do not just make it sound as if you've remembered it by heart.

Hey! I know how it feels right before IOPs, so don't stress too much, okay? :P

First question is, are you doing a creative piece?.. because you don't have to, and how do you want to present it?

It's recommened that I do.. but I'm not sure :) I could do like a roleplay or something but that might be a little too scary, or just maybe an oral with some class disusssion.... Not sure :(

Your topic doesn't seem to be very suitable for a creative IOP, in my opinion... But if you necessarily want to do it creatively, you probably can. I haven't read Canterbury Tales, but focus on the works, remember the literary features, vary your language (especially if you're HL), and practise it until you know it well, but do not just make it sound as if you've remembered it by heart.

Yeaah I'm not sure myself on what do exactually... We haven't decided on HL's yet, I'm only in my first year, thank goodness, and yeah this is my first IOP Ok I'll absolutly have to pull this poem apart. :P

It's recommened that I do.. but I'm not sure :( I could do like a roleplay or something but that might be a little too scary, or just maybe an oral with some class disusssion.... Not sure :P

OK, we were recommended NOT to have a class discussion, since you get very dependent on your class then, and what if they don't say anything? Or do you mean the non-assessed discussion after your "speech"?

The IOP was my first IA and I was soooo nervous, but I did very well, so don't freak out too much.

It's recommened that I do.. but I'm not sure :D I could do like a roleplay or something but that might be a little too scary, or just maybe an oral with some class disusssion.... Not sure XD

OK, we were recommended NOT to have a class discussion, since you get very dependent on your class then, and what if they don't say anything? Or do you mean the non-assessed discussion after your "speech"?

The IOP was my first IA and I was soooo nervous, but I did very well, so don't freak out too much.

Yeah... I don't why my teacher would be strictly recommending creative pieces, she said she didn't want us to just give speeches... I'm confused now. I don't know why she would tell us that if we can just do a normal talk :(

Ok, thank you! :)