UCAS application and personal statement

fruttidee

Hey, I've been wondering about UCAS application and since most of you mention your university offers from UK I figured you're clearly knowledgeable about it and might give me some help I need;)

So, I'd like to apply to Oxbridge (haven't yet decided which one) and the deadline for the application is 15th October. I'd also like to apply to some other unis in UK. Do I need to decide by the 15th October or can I sort of complete the application and add other unis later (as deadline for it is some time in january) or do I need to have it done by mid-October?

I'm also really curious about the personal statement thing. I mean, it's weird that you need to have one statement for all unis. I haven't decided what I want to study yet (and i'm graduating high school in may 2010 so it's about time now -.-) though i'd like to opt for two completely different courses at diferent unis (like economics or natural sciences) and I still haven't figured that one out so I'd wish to make the decision after being accepted or not but clearly it's not possible that way as you can't be passionate about two different subjects in one personal statement..

But even if you consider some related subjects like econimics, management, bussiness, whatever, in order to sound perfectly convincing these should also require seperate statement. i cant imagine Cambridge inviting me for interview if i'm all into bussiness applying to Economics.

Edited by fruttidee

The problem with the personal statements is one a lot of people face. UCAS is considering allowing applicants to write different PS's for all the universities they apply to (like in the States), but it hasn't happened yet. This thread may help you a bit .

With UCAS, if you don't use up all your choices you can send the application off with just one university (it costs less than it does for all 5 choices), and then pay the difference later and add your other choices. So apply to Oxbridge, and the acceptance letters sometimes come in early January (before the Januray 15th deadline for applications), so you can decide then on where to apply.