Colonel By mathematics entrance exam MYP. Help greatly appreciated.

Ayamamoru

I'm currently an 8th grade MYP IB student and I'm going to be applying to Colonel By for the 2024-2025 school year soon (my 9th grade). I'm not really sure what to study for in terms of the mathematics test (I think I already have English covered). Any help would be greatly appreciated 

On 9/13/2023 at 5:49 PM, Ayamamoru said:

I'm currently an 8th grade MYP IB student and I'm going to be applying to Colonel By for the 2024-2025 school year soon (my 9th grade). I'm not really sure what to study for in terms of the mathematics test (I think I already have English covered). Any help would be greatly appreciated 

For the mathematics test, I'd recommend CEMC ressources and Khan Academy they are really helpful like the pascal test the A and B section.

When practicing the Pascal test, i find it useful to time yourself doing it (1 hour or so), this will help you improve your speed and your accuracy.

Good Luck, I hope you get in! Fingers Crossed 🤞!

3 hours ago, Flower342 said:

For the mathematics test, I'd recommend CEMC ressources and Khan Academy they are really helpful like the pascal test the A and B section.

When practicing the Pascal test, i find it useful to time yourself doing it (1 hour or so), this will help you improve your speed and your accuracy.

Good Luck, I hope you get in! Fingers Crossed 🤞!

Thank you so much! I've been cramming over the studying part as I'm not sure how soon the test will be and it's a relief to know I've been on somewhat the right track (I've been working up from gauss 8 to pascal) :))

• 3 months later...

On 9/19/2023 at 1:11 PM, Ayamamoru said:

Thank you so much! I've been cramming over the studying part as I'm not sure how soon the test will be and it's a relief to know I've been on somewhat the right track (I've been working up from gauss 8 to pascal) :))

Hii! I've been looking over the courseware you provided because I plan to apply for Merivale, and I was just wondering, do we study only the grade 8 courseware, or the grade 9, too?

On 12/25/2023 at 11:23 AM, aryasv said:

Hii! I've been looking over the courseware you provided because I plan to apply for Merivale, and I was just wondering, do we study only the grade 8 courseware, or the grade 9, too?

As Monster High once said:

"If You're always prepared you'll never be scared"

The more you're prepared the better you will feel when test time comes.

I would also recommend to start studying some of the first chapters of grade 10 if you get the chance.

You are studying grade 8 courseware already at school, so it's better to just review it and move on to grade 9.

Since grade 9 math expands more on it, you can find simple good videos on cemc courseware or just type "grade 9 math" up on youtube.

A good resource whenever you want a crashcourse is the channel "Crashcourse" on youtube although they don't have any on math I think.

Good luck as well!🍀

Edited by Flower342

Hello! I was just wondering what the format of the questions were like when you had your test. Were they multiple choice or were they on a google form. this year the test is digital. good luck to everyone applying and hope you guys get in :)

No way!! me too, mine is January 20th. 

Hey, I applied to Colonel By Recently, too. I found this document online regarding questions on the test, however I am not sure if this is the material we will receive:

https://cdnsm5-ss13.sharpschool.com/UserFiles/Servers/Server_233808/File/OCDSB IB Application 2020 Final Math Exercise.pdf

• 1 month later...