English speaking humour

Bishup

When I came to England last year I thought that the mentally was so different to the point of being strange, and one of the most significant things I can remember are those devious mum jokes some people would conjure up. In the beginning I thought they were annoying but I got used to them and realised that they were hilarious.

People love being random, many of my friends quote from films or videos and one hilarious video is 'charlie the unicorn'. When I saw the first video out of 3 I thought it was retarded but after having watched all of them I loved the randomness and the sheer stupidness which made it amazing :)

I wonder if some of you people catch my drift and would care to describe your past experiences of random jokes or anecdotes.

BLACKADDER!

I still don't find mum jokes funny :) Being honest, I don't get american humour a great deal. It seems silly to me :) Silly in the sort-of walking-into-a-tree-and-laughing sense(!). They say americans don't get english humour, I say it goes both ways. Stuff like Charlie the Unicorn is just people being weird. Laugh at not with! :D

Hahaha

"That's what she said" **sexual innuendo**

I made the mistake of saying that when my male history teacher was hugging a male friend. The teacher said "Ed you're so small"--referring to his physical size, and I just said the first thing that came to mind: That's what she said.

If you don't get it, that's probably a good thing :)

Also, my school's math team has an incredible amount of inside jokes. Have you ever seen the "9000" DragonballZ videos? They are soo lame but funny at the same time?

So it became a practice to answer many questions with "Over Nine THOUSANNNDDDDDDD!"

Another youtube video:

It's called Pythagorean Theorem, and it has the funniest sayings:

"It's a trap--ezoid"

"There's no supplementary angle to true love"

"The opposite of a right triangle is a WRONG triangle"

Good stuff :)

But yeah, I know exactly what you mean with Charlie the Unicorn. I was like "What the heck?? Why is this funny?" But then after watching it again, I couldn't help but to crack up. It also didn't help that we had our own Asian Charlie in math team who hated being referred to the unicorn. heh

• 1 month later...