IOP Help

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me the structure we are suppose to use for our IOP's. I am a bit confused about the task.

Does our topic have to be a question? What are we trying to achieve by the IOP? And if anyone could send me a rubric that would be incredible!

Thank you :panic:

The structure is depending on if you do a creative one or not. My topic wasn't a question, I talked about the significance of the celestial bodies in Doctor Glas by Hjalmar Söderberg. You are basically trying to investigate some aspects on one or two of the works you've studed.

My topic wasn't a question either; the evolution/transformation of Silas Marner's cottage in Silas Marner

We were graded on knowledge and understanding, interpretation and personal response, presentation, and use of language.

Hi Guys..Im going to present mine next week..honestly im unprepared..I need help..I would like to do it on Othello..Basically about the theme of Jealousy..any suggestions of waht i can do..guys please help..

We can't help you come up with topics, and I haven't read Othello. Just practise your IOP several times, until you know it well (without it sounding as if you've learned it by heart) and don't have to use that many notes.

Don't stress about IOP.

You WILL do well on the IOP if you're prepared.

And yes, preparing IS time consuming.

Mine was very simple. I compared a passage in the beginning of the book with a passage at the end of the novel. Novel was the 5th child.

The rubic says nothing about presentation, so I basically just read mine straight off the paper.

The Rubric I have is the HL one.

I don't know if it's the same for SL.

IOC HLRubric.pdf

• 1 month later...

[quote name='doesntmatterwhy' date='May 20, 2009 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1242835409' post='47391']
Don't stress about IOP.
You WILL do well on the IOP if you're prepared.
And yes, preparing IS time consuming.

Mine was very simple. I compared a passage in the beginning of the book with a passage at the end of the novel. Novel was the 5th child.
The rubic says nothing about presentation, so I basically just read mine straight off the paper.
[/quote]
We weren't allowed to just read straight off a paper. You are supposed to talk, not reading an essay aloud.