The Physics Specimen Paper

Eyas

So my question is this... are specimen papers in general a fair representation of the external exam?

For instance, with regards to the distribution of questions... if the Physics specimen paper for 2009 has the new material chapters (topcis 8 and 14) in all/most Section B questions in the paper, do I expect to run into a lot of questions from topics 8 and 14 in the external as well? Or would the distribution of questions differ?

Also, anyone experienced with the relative difficulty of a specimen paper when compared to the exam?

Just curious

Normally if the syllabus changes alot, then the exam is most liekly to be easy. In biology for example, there's awhole new topic that was never there..and they changed the syllabus alot. So our teacher was told in a conference that the exams in that case should be easy, because they dont want to told that their decision in changing the syllabus is bad, lol. So yeah..I hope they're right. :D

They always mix up what's in section A & B, although mechanics practically always appears in section A. At least in the SL Specimen for physics we had something on wind power in Section A, which is part of the new syllabus, so you might expect to something new in section A. :D

The specimen paper should be as difficult as the real exam, but you really can never know.