Easy way out?

TidusBlade

Hey not exactly new here, been lurking around for quite some time since I haven't started IB yet, doing my IGCSE's at the moment, but just submitted by choices for IB1 and have got a concern that my choices might seem a little easy or something and therefore universities could look at my diploma and think that I have chosen easy subjects for HL and decide to reject me in favour of another candidate who has chosen harder HL's...

Anyways my choices are:

Arabic B HL (I am fluent in Arabic but the highest level of Arabic my school offers is B HL)

Business and Management HL

Computer Science HL

Physics HL/SL (I'm starting it as HL but gonna drop it to SL, just taking it as HL in case I *might* drop B&M instead)

English A1 SL

Math SL

I read that universities only look at my HL subjects so if they take a look at for example, Arabic, Business and Computer Science, could they get the impression that I really only took 2 HL's and think lower of me?

Just wondering since in my opinion, taking Business HL, Computer Science HL and Physics HL looks a lot better on a diploma than my current HL choices...

Any tips would be appreciated, Thanks :P

Well, If you are going to be applying for American universities, you're going to have to take the SAT and perhaps even some SAT 2s

That said, maybe you could consider moving your physics and english up to HL, because that way you'll get a little bit more practice and save time that you would have used to study.

Also- I'm guessing you are ethnically Arabic, so I don't think they'd need proof (by taking Arabic B) so I would still suggest taking English HL.

GL

Nah, I'm really only interested in Canadian universities, so no SAT's for me :P

As for English and Physics, I don't really like analyzing books and stuff so English A1 SL is the highest I'll go and in the month or so since I posted that, I'm now considering Physics HL and dropping B&M to SL probably, since it has nothing to do with what I plan to major in. Guess I'll just wait and see how I feel about my choices in a few months. I'm just taking Arabic because my school doesn't offer any interesting languages so might as well just take a language I'm already good in.

Thanks for the advice matayo XD

Edited by TidusBlade