SAT information.

1-2-3

I am in Canada.

Hence, we're not required to write our SATs... for Canadian universities...

However, I also plan to apply to U.S. universities next year...

& Thus I want to write my SATs

Now, our school has provided us with absolutely no information about those.

So, I have a couple of questions:

1) Can you take the subject tests before the reasoning test?

2) Can I take two subject tests on a certain date and the third one on another date?

3) What skill level/grade must you have passed to do well on your SAT subject tests?

(Yes, I did try googling it. It's just that I have specific questions and little time to sort through all that information. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D )

Edited by 1-2-3

What 1-2-3 means with question 3, Aboo, is what skill level she needs to have reached in her studies to do the subject test in a manner which will enhance her prospects of getting into a good university. I think basic grade 10 knowledge of your subjects should be fine, since they're designed for grade 10, I think. For Math 2, I think it has complex numbers etc. so you will need HL Math.

Ah, I apologise for that.

I'd say Grade 10/Grade 11, depending on subject. I did a few practice questions from the literature subject test and I felt that the questions were simple enough for maybe Grade 9 even. However the Maths ones are sort of complicated, and it can be done with IB Maths.

For Math 2, I think it has complex numbers etc. so you will need HL Math.

Not really. Complex numbers on Math 2 are quite limited, so I'd just do some practice papers to see what is beyond the Math SL syllabus (given you're taking Math SL). Make sure you're also familiar with equations of circles (i.e. y² + x² = 1)

Edited by Max

The majority of private universities in the US require 2 or 3 subject test, with one of them being a Math (most of the time). With that, they wish to see a score as close to 800 as possible. This show prolifency in the subject. With the Reasoning Test the max score is 2400 (800 Writing, Reading, Math). This is the MAX and is rarely achieved. Private US Unis are looking at more then SAT scores, just as a heads up. They like to see "well-roundedness" and that you do more then just study all the time.