Photography

cjp222

I found an interesting photography project that I wanted to do, and it just happens to also be a perfect activity for CAS. Its something called project 365 where you take a picture every single day for a year as a kind of visual journal of sorts. I was also planning on doing another photography project with taking portraits of friends and people and comparing them to see how different they are and if there is any certain reason why. Anyway, would this count? Do I get cas hours if I am doing it completely independently and there is no one to moderate or to keep track of what I am doing?

All right, but even if it does get accepted, my co-ordinator told me that one activity can't count for all hours of one aspect. Ideally each activity should be a maximum of 20 hours, but then again I did cycling for 46 hours and no one stopped me.

It all depends on how lenient your CAS co-ordinator is.

I also do photography. its one of my hobbies but i did abit of it for cas. if your idea doesnt work, what you can try and do is take photos for all your school activities like if you guys had a sports day or watever. that could count as cas. you can also edit the photos you take and that might give you both action and creativity. I take photos for all school activities and then in the end im gonna put the best pics in a big poster or board. Oh.. and you can try and be the school photographer or something. that could work.

See if you can get some of those pictures of friends into the school newspaper or something. Or get into the yearbook commitee and take pictures for that - I think it should count there. But schools seem to vary on how strict they are about what doe/doesn't count, so check with your IB coordinator.

[quote name='cjp222' post='43312' date='Apr 14 2009, 08:20 PM']I found an interesting photography project that I wanted to do, and it just happens to also be a perfect activity for CAS. Its something called project 365 where you take a picture every single day for a year as a kind of visual journal of sorts. I was also planning on doing another photography project with taking portraits of friends and people and comparing them to see how different they are and if there is any certain reason why. Anyway, would this count? Do I get cas hours if I am doing it completely independently and there is no one to moderate or to keep track of what I am doing?[/quote]

I think that putting together the journal/making it creative would count as creativity.

However, you probably won't be spending more than 10 seconds taking each photograph.
Editing might take longer XD
But then, who will be your CAS activity supervisor?

Talk to your coordinator about it...

I personally think it will only be creativity.

Unless you sell copies of the journal to collect money for charitable organizations...

Photography is a hobby of mine and happened to be short of Creative hours just before the deadline. I travelled a fair bit of the US last summer with my new DSLR; showed the pics to my co-ordinator and she was cool with it. Got about 15 hours worth..

Happy Days

• 3 weeks later...