Jump to content

Lowest Grade in Grade 7 final report card for IB Entrance?


Recommended Posts

I got a total average of 80.95% on my report card. 2 95-100 ranges, the rest all 80's range, except my science in which I got a 70. I got all E's in my learning skills. Will that be enough for them to consider me? I want to apply for Bayview SS

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a current Bayview (pre)-IB student, your learning skills were the exact same as mine. As for your grades, no one, except for the coordinator or the staff, knows what is enough. Also, they consider other factors, such as the admission assessment and the portfolio. Best of luck and focus on the upcoming assessments :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ClosedCaptions said:

As a current Bayview (pre)-IB student, your learning skills were the exact same as mine. As for your grades, no one, except for the coordinator or the staff, knows what is enough. Also, they consider other factors, such as the admission assessment and the portfolio. Best of luck and focus on the upcoming assessments :D

thank you so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ClosedCaptions said:

As a current Bayview (pre)-IB student, your learning skills were the exact same as mine. As for your grades, no one, except for the coordinator or the staff, knows what is enough. Also, they consider other factors, such as the admission assessment and the portfolio. Best of luck and focus on the upcoming assessments :D

also, mind if I ask what was your g7 report card average?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ClosedCaptions said:

As a current Bayview (pre)-IB student, your learning skills were the exact same as mine. As for your grades, no one, except for the coordinator or the staff, knows what is enough. Also, they consider other factors, such as the admission assessment and the portfolio. Best of luck and focus on the upcoming assessments :D

Hi! Im also applying for the Ib program at Bayview. I just wanted to ask if you did an entrance exam? And if so what was it about? Also sorry to ask what is the admission assessment and portfolio? Im sorry again for asking so many question. Thank you so much!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2022 at 2:17 PM, Par13m said:

Hi! Im also applying for the Ib program at Bayview. I just wanted to ask if you did an entrance exam? And if so what was it about? Also sorry to ask what is the admission assessment and portfolio? Im sorry again for asking so many question. Thank you so much!

Yes, every year students take an entrance exam. After registration, Bayview requires your report card, your portfolio and admission assessment. Your report card is self-explanatory; if your school is not in YRDSB, you must send it to the specified email. For portfolio, students showcase their strengths, experiences and interests based on a given prompt. The admission assessment is a timed writing evaluation. You are given a prompt and you have a limited time to write about it. Unfortunately, I cannot disclose the details. For more information, there will be an in-person information evening at Bayview on October 13. Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ClosedCaptions said:

Yes, every year students take an entrance exam. After registration, Bayview requires your report card, your portfolio and admission assessment. Your report card is self-explanatory; if your school is not in YRDSB, you must send it to the specified email. For portfolio, students showcase their strengths, experiences and interests based on a given prompt. The admission assessment is a timed writing evaluation. You are given a prompt and you have a limited time to write about it. Unfortunately, I cannot disclose the details. For more information, there will be an in-person information evening at Bayview on October 13. Good luck!

Thank you so much! I’m sorry I just have one more question. Is the entrance exam only writing about the prompt or is it about math, French, English, etc? Sorry again and have a nice thanksgiving!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Par13m said:

Thank you so much! I’m sorry I just have one more question. Is the entrance exam only writing about the prompt or is it about math, French, English, etc? Sorry again and have a nice thanksgiving!

The prompt is only written in English. There may not be a math or French section. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...