How good is your university

lucifercanttouchme

First of all, congrats on getting an unconditional offer :]

To tell the truth, I've never heard of this university until today. It is not a prestigous, well-known institution.

Quote from Wikipedia (incidentally, it is not 100% credible) "Bryant University is a four-year, highly selective, private university located in Smithfield, Rhode Island"

judging by the phrase: "highly selective" is can't be that bad.

According to Collegeboard, the admission rate is 45%.

About Bryant University, I've been receiving mail and emails from it after taking the PSAT, so I assumed that it is not a very selective college, but then a 45% admission rate implies it is moderately selective.

However, instead of only concentrating on the rankings of colleges, I think you should also consider other factors, such as the majors it offers, extra-curricular, the location it is in. After all, you don't want to spend four years in a place you don't like.

About Bryant University, I've been receiving mail and emails from it after taking the PSAT, so I assumed that it is not a very selective college, but then a 45% admission rate implies it is moderately selective.

However, instead of only concentrating on the rankings of colleges, I think you should also consider other factors, such as the majors it offers, extra-curricular, the location it is in. After all, you don't want to spend four years in a place you don't like.

Thanks buddy. I dont know much about the place cause I haven't really been there. My concern is that If I go there I dont want to dread the 4 years that I spend there. But can I transfer after a semester or 2? Transfer to a better well reputed university.

I have heard of that place, because I was looking into NY universities. I would highly suggest checking it out before-hand, I find that NY university life is very interesting. You are gonna be around a lot of different people, and you will just need a strong character to make it good. I have never been there before, at that specific university, but I have visited the campus of SUNY.

But can I transfer after a semester or 2? Transfer to a better well reputed university.

Tranferring univesity in the US is easier than in the UK, and lot of students do it. If you don't like it, you can transfer. Normally students do so after 1 semester or after 1 year, since by then they've gotten a feel for the university and it also means that they don't waste the tuition they've paid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

transfering from university to university in the US isn't a big deal at all, in fact a lot of people do that. so, if you decided to go there and in the end you do not like it you can easliy transer to another university, but you will have to go through thier applicatin process for transfer students where they will look at how you have done in college so far and as much or not at all with what you did in high school. now that i am in college, no one really cares that i did IB.