Type II portfolio on Flow Rate

hetalg

[quote name='ongfufu' post='42594' date='Apr 6 2009, 08:21 PM']Um, wasn't this portfolio for May 07/May 08 candidates? By now you should be doing a May 09/May 10 portfolio... I think.[/quote]

You are correct. However, we have been assigned this task - I guess as a practice set. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Make graphs, determine the types of function that would fit the data, find the functions (coefficients and constants), test these functions, and see which one fits best to the data. IMO, finding the functions and testing them are the most difficult steps. The specific methods for finding and testing functions really depends on your own research.

Edited by ongfufu

• 1 month later...

[quote name='hetalg' date='06 April 2009 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1239040374' post='42589']
Need some help on what would be the best line of fit for the flow rate data of norichucky river into tennessee. I mean what would function to use for best fit? trigo or polynomial and how to get the equation for this
[/quote]

hi, I have the same problem as you did =) so how did you handle it? i feel awkward asking it , but could you please (i'm pretty desperate) send me the portfolio ? it would save my life, not kidding =)