World literature essay

Saransh

hi...i want to do my world lit. on the books Like water for chocolate and The house of the spirits. i need help in coming up with a thesis...im thinking about comparing or contrasting household items (food, a house, etc) that either unite or separate characters from both books.

Can anyone help me narrow this down?

Any other ideas that i can write about?

I'm not that familiar with the House of the Spirits, but how about the author's use of inanimate objects to portray emotion? That seems to me an easier title from which to derive literary style etc. Although, as I said, I don't know how well it'd work for House of the Spirits ^_^

[quote name='sandwich' post='42177' date='Mar 31 2009, 01:07 PM']I'm not that familiar with the House of the Spirits, but how about the author's use of inanimate objects to portray emotion? That seems to me an easier title from which to derive literary style etc. Although, as I said, I don't know how well it'd work for House of the Spirits :ot: [/quote]

thnx...i think i'll use this!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Saransh' post='42175' date='Mar 31 2009, 08:01 AM']hi...i want to do my world lit. on the books Like water for chocolate and The house of the spirits. i need help in coming up with a thesis...im thinking about comparing or contrasting household items (food, a house, etc) that either unite or separate characters from both books.

Can anyone help me narrow this down?

Any other ideas that i can write about?[/quote]

Well I'm doing Like Water for Chocolate and Chronicles of a Death Foretold; I find it easier to compare and contrast elements that are indirectly addressed such as: how a family protects their honor, or the symbolism of virginity. anything of that nature should so much easier and open for you to write about.

[quote name='Davy de Haas' post='43992' date='Apr 22 2009, 10:36 AM']Hi guys im starting my World Lit essays soon, im doing The Lost Honour Of Katherina Blum! any give me detailed notes about the plot, and what essays i could write about?[/quote]

If you've read it, you should know the plot and then why do need notes on it?

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Tracy_r0x' post='43351' date='Apr 15 2009, 12:40 PM']Well I'm doing Like Water for Chocolate and Chronicles of a Death Foretold; I find it easier to compare and contrast elements that are indirectly addressed such as: how a family protects their honor, or the symbolism of virginity. anything of that nature should so much easier and open for you to write about.[/quote]

aww i studied those two a couple of years ago.. for spanish! haha we watched the movie for Como agua para chocolate.. and gosh was that one hell of an erotic movie! haha