certificate vs diploma

flame

Does anybody know if there is a minimum grade you have to get in a subject in order to get your diploma?

Somebody told me you need to get at least a 4 in your HL subjects and at least a 3 in your SL subjects in order to receive the diploma, as well as getting over 24 points. Is this true? D:

So you could get, say, all 5's and 6's and then one 2 in an SL subject and that'd be it? :D

You need overall 12 points in your HL subjects, and altogether 24 points (EE and TOK also count). As far as I know there are no other requirements about what grade you need in what subject - as long as you have the number of points I mentioned. I know someone who had a 2 in Physics SL and a 3 in Art HL, altogether he had 28 points and 14 in HL so he received his diploma.

Edited by remy

There are a number of other requirements too, like "no more than one grade 1 in SL" and "no more than one grade 2 in HL" and stuff. It's actually fairly complicated, and the requirements change depending on what total grade interval you're in. It is explained in detail in the Handbook (or... whatever they call it now; I always forget. It used to be the Vade Mecum).

The easy response, though, is that no: getting a two in one subject will not rob you of the Diploma.