May IB Exams

eblake

Eugh. History.

In regards to the setup and material, I feel as though I'll be sufficiently prepared when May rears its ugly head. In class, we've been doing a crapload of Paper 1 tests and in-class essays, so after some reviewing, everything should be okay. Ish. However, my most substantial of concerns lies in the time limit. OMFG. One hour to do Paper 1. AS. IF. That's never going to happen. And 150 minutes for three essays. Also never going to happen. My biggest academic strength is writing essays, but on the same note, my biggest weakness is taking so effing long to write them. So, with that in consideration, I'm basically screwed. :D

I feel I know Europe 1900-1950 pretty well by now :P

Eeeek. That's probably the section with which I'm least comfortable. As it stands, I'm familiar with the French Revolution and the shiz about Napoelon. That's about it. :dead:

Anyway...I essentially just recopy my notes when I'm studying for History tests and exams. I type them out with less flowery langauge, and read them incessantly. Or at least until I give myself a headache. Heh. Generally speaking, History is a matter of regurgitation - you can't practice it like you can with Math or any variety of science. So reading and rewriting is, for me, the most efficient method.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are in the US, you really shouldnt care much for the point by point basis. At lest thats what I am learning.

The colleges I am looking at, yes they have a point total they would like you to have, but most importantly for things like med school they have simply asked for me to have a composite score of 12-14 for HL: Bio + chem.

My friend even less. 11 for HL physics + HL chem.

Chicago + Duke + NYU.

Just saying. because I wont be disappointed with like a 5 in history if I were to get it. The most prestigious colleges I found, like John-Hopkins said they would take only the GPA of science to see how well I would do. And combine math under another another glance of GPA.

In the US, its not so important how you do overall but rather how well you do on the exams that count.

Revision: bio + chem with juggernaut force in trying to understand everything.