Disloyality in Comparative essay

• 2 weeks later...

I have to compare examples of disloyality in this books: "cat in a hot tin roof" and "a doll's house". My language teacher told to search a concept of disloyality in psichology , and after that my essay is done. The disloyalities that I have found are between husbands (Maggie-Brick and Nora-Torvald)

Why can't you just do the research yourself? I think that infidelity sounds much better than disloyalty, and means the same thing, so I'm going to presume that disloyalty is itself a translation if you're doing Spanish A1 and go with infidelity. A google search gives

"Infidelity can be defined as any violation of the mutually agreed-upon rules or boundaries of a relationship, and is a breach of faith in an inter-personal relationship."
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infidelity"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infidelity[/url]

I'd say that's good enough. After all this is an A1 language, not actually psychology. Are you sure it's strictly necessary to define the theme? Surely throughout the essay the examples you pick out ought to demonstrate what you mean by fidelty (most of the essay should actually be about proving via example that there IS infidelity in the plays)? Being perfectly honest, I think the examiner might think it a bit odd that you're defining words everybody knows the meaning of, particularly when you're going to go on and prove by demonstration!

Edited by sandwich