Group 4 project

IB_sucks

My school decided to take us to the Dead Sea so that we could actually carry out our group 4 project. As you may have noticed, unlike any other school in the world, my school decides to choose the place first and then the topic (how creative of them). Anyway, for physics we got stuck with either investigating specific heat capacity of water or pressure. Does anyone have any other interesting ideas for physics.

Why is going to the Dead Sea such a problem? Most schools don't travel anywhere to do their Group 4; ours was done in our school hallway. You should consider yourself lucky that your school is giving you the chance to learn in anoher environment other than your school field/garden.

And the specific heat capacity of water sounds fine, seeing as it will be done in extremely salty water. So does the pressure one, being at the Dead Sea makes both of them much more interesting already. If you want to go ahead and make your experiment very complicated, go ahead. But going to unnecessary lengths to make your Group 4 interesting is quite pointless as the only grade that is taken from the entire lab for the IA is your personal skills grade. And it ends up counting for about 2% of your entire Physics grade.

You guys get a trip? We carried out experiments in our school. Yours sounds much more exciting. Don't put wayyy too much work into Group 4. You can only get a maximum of something like 20 lab hours (I forget the exact figure), even if you put in way more. It comes down to personal skills as Vvi says, and that doesn't count for much. The real thing with the group 4 are the lab hours.