please let me know if my reserchquestion is good.

poni

I'm writing Extended Essay of Art. I am planning to write about Edgar Degas. The research question is "To what extent were Degas's women's works influenced by their cultural backgrounds and to what extent did they represent his view of women?" Is this reserchquestion is good or bad? please tell me ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 5:03 PM, poni said:

I'm writing Extended Essay of Art. I am planning to write about Edgar Degas. The research question is "To what extent were Degas's women's works influenced by their cultural backgrounds and to what extent did they represent his view of women?" Is this reserchquestion is good or bad? please tell me ASAP.

I'm not sure if investigating what is almost two different questions is a good idea. I'd take a look at the EE syllabus to know what they are exactly looking for and how you could optimise it and your whole essay

• 1 month later...

Why I think it is a good question: 

•  Lets you write your own interpretation of Degas's work
  • Lets you explore the history and come up with exact settings that he may have had at the time he was putting out his work
  •  

However, you need to be very careful to tie these two threads of history and his impressions. A short summary may help you more with the impressions.

That's just my two cents as a student.