Chemistry IB Help

Joey

Well, I've recently created a blog to aid IB (and SAT II) Chemistry takers from all over the world. In the blog you'll find:

Resources

• A periodic table
  • Informational Videos

IB Resources

• Chemistry Syllabus
  • Chemistry Data Booklet

Chemistry IB Notes

These are notes I've been making as I go through the different topics on the syllabus at school. The notes:

• Have been made by a combination of information from different textbooks, teacher's notes and mark scheme answers
  • All Topic covered are covered in the most thorough way possible
  • Notes are made in a way an idiot could understand them. The information is very digestible and easy to understand.
  • Contain step-by-step worked examples (no more skipping steps! no more confusion! We don't expect you to be a wiz in math!)
  • Notes are uploaded to scribd and can be viewed on the blog. No Download Needed!
  • Definitions from mark schemes! Get full marks always!

NOTE: There are a few spelling mistakes because I wrote the notes and they haven't been revised

Coming Soon

• 101 Powerpoints (also for SAT II)

www.imt-web.net/chemistryhelp

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh Woot! After hours of editing, typing, summarizing, explaing and exampling the hard work is over! I’m glad to announce a huge update to this blog. icon_biggrin.gif

Update:

- Added New Acids and Bases Titration equation and worked sample to acids and bases higher level notes

- Added Markscheme definition of Mr and Hybradization

- New Redox HL and SL Notes written and uploaded

- Added Classical past paper Bonding question to bonding notes

- Fixed Acids and Bases I Formatting error

- Added notes on indicators

- General Notes cleanup and spelling mistakes fix

- Added New SAT Courses Powerpoints (see new category in menu)

- Updated Syllabus in Resources Section

- Created a download section

Out of these updates I’d like to expand on a few: The Redox notes are prime and a true masterpiece. I’m sure you’ll find them easy to follow and beautiful with all the diagrams and equations! It took me a long time to make but I think it was worse it. I’ve swapped the 2003 syllabus to a 2009 syllabus I found lying around on the net. This makes it more useful to those of you who are studying and need to follow the content using the syllabus. Finally, the powerpoints were finally uploaded to scribd and embeddded to the blog. Nevertheless, it’s a real shame that animations are not imported and there are a few formatting loss. This might make the powerpoint less useful, ugly and hard to follow; but I guess it’s better than nothing!

I’d like to point out that a few notes and powerpoints have formatting problems when they are uploaded. Notice in the Acids and Bases notes and the Redox one how there are some symbols that are unreadable (such as the name Bronsted-Lowry). In order to oslve this, I’ve created a download section where I’ll be uploading my notes and powerpoints in the near future. I’m just working on a way so that people can’t edit them and change them and take credit for it. More on that later…

Finally, there are a lot of things to do still:

- Finish off the notes on “Energetics” (I’m still looking for the best way to explain Hess’s Law and some other stuff)

- Write up Organic Chemistry Notes

- Add notes on reaction mechanisms

- Go over more mark schemes for definitions

- Upload material to the download section

Hope you guys have a good icon_wink.gif

I’m off to bed after hours of work!

• 4 months later...

Hey thank you very much! i am struggling alot in IB chemistry... i mean i understand it and stuff but i dont do well in the exams... maybe is not enough practise!

Edited by Mahuta ♥
dude, please dont use too many exclamation marks and capital letters. thanks - Maha :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...