paychology sl or hl

xxibstudent134

Hey, 

in my school we are only allowed to take 3 HLs and 3 SLs, i feel your choice should depend on what career you want to pursue, i see that geography and math IA go together, so what would psychology do as an HL subject? at the end of the day it is your choice, psychology in my opinion is a fun subject but can be time consuming as HL, specially if you only have interest it and don't require it in your chosen career math. 

On 3/17/2021 at 6:24 PM, xxibstudent134 said:

I’m taking ib next year and my HL subjects are going to be english b, math AI and geography. I don’t know if i should choose psychology on higher level as well or if that would be too much. Can u help?

Hi, 

I have psychology SL and it is something that I personally regret. It ins't what you probably imagine and it is very time consuming and there is absolutely no reason to take it unless you want to study psychology or something similar. If it isn't what you want to do then don't choose it for your own good!!

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2021 at 9:24 AM, xxibstudent134 said:

I’m taking ib next year and my HL subjects are going to be english b, math AI and geography. I don’t know if i should choose psychology on higher level as well or if that would be too much. Can u help?

Hello,

I'm taking psychology HL right now, and comparing what I'm doing to my SL classmates, there is practically no difference between psychology HL and SL. Yes, there is one more paper you would have to write (paper 3) and one more option you would have to cover, but other than that there is no absurd difference in HL and SL. If you are good at remembering different things such as theories, models, and case studies, you won't have any trouble with it I don't think.

• Like 1