A1 ENG SL IOP HELPㅠㅠ

kid063

My IOP is starting from next week, and I still don't know what i'm going to do.
I know my teacher emphasized creativity and the depth of knowledge.
The books that we read were :

[list]
[*]Flannery O'Connor's short stories
[*]Leo Tolstoy's Walk in the Light
[*]Pyeong Yang by Guy somebody
[*]Peace Child by Don Richardson
[/list]PLEASE HELP ME....... :angry:

Well you didnt give us much information on what you what to focus on ...You have two main options:
Option A: You create a Poem/ dialouge between to charcters (can be frm same novel peom or not) /monolouge interveiw at a talk show anything CREATIVE BUTTT afterwards it must be descirbe in details talking about chacter and i have seen some examiners comments for candidates who acheived 7's they all said that the main thing is for you to say I concluded that.. and I realized I understood ( put personal understanding)
Option B : take a poem/paragraph in the novel/ poem and discuss it mainly its poems as if its your ioc you discuss the speaker,mood,seeting, then start getting into simlies,metaphors symbolizm title etcc.... Dont forget to try not to use lots of umms when you haventhn to say just repeat what yous aid previously or use conjunctions ( How ever,Despite,Also etc..)and hope words come to your mind So that you dont Say Umm Or Pause!! THEY HATE THAT!! We had a girl last year who paused for over 15 seconds ( Honest to god) and her IOP was great but achived a 6 so focus on what i said and later tell me how you did.. Hope it helped

[quote name='kid063' post='37426' date='Feb 20 2009, 06:45 AM']My IOP is starting from next week, and I still don't know what i'm going to do.
I know my teacher emphasized creativity and the depth of knowledge.
The books that we read were :

[list]
[*]Flannery O'Connor's short stories
[*]Leo Tolstoy's Walk in the Light
[*]Pyeong Yang by Guy somebody
[*]Peace Child by Don Richardson
[/list]PLEASE HELP ME....... :D [/quote]

Certainly there must be something in one or two of the books that interested you. Try to pick something really narrow, 10-15 minutes is less than you think. Another good advice is to start asap.