Could I get into UCL/LSE/Oxbridge?

I'm so insanely nervous for the future. Because almost every law student in UCL or Oxbridge who did IB did English Lit HL. The thing is, in my school, only one person in the past 50 years has achieved a 7 in HL Lit. So I opted for Lang Lit HL, but I'm worried it'll weaken my application.

I'm almost done with my first term in IB Y1. My scores are as follows.

HL Lang Lit- 7

HL History- 7 (my teacher will 100% predict me a 6 though)

HL Econ- 7

SL Math AA- 7

SL Bio- 7

SL Spanish B- 7

For ECs, I am on my school's MUN team, am an award-winning public speaker (silver and golds in our regional competitions), run an Economics club and our school's TED-ed club, have won awards in the Scholastic Writing Competition.

On LNAT practices, I'm getting around 27-28.

Would I have a change for Oxbridge or UCL if I maintained these scores?

I had offers from both Oxford and UCL with English B HL. My LNAT was 30, I think, and I had similar ECs. I don't think it matters whether you do Lit or Lang and Lit, there are no required subjects for law. People get into law with maths and sciences at HL. 

It is, still, a bit of a lottery with Oxbridge, so no one will guarantee you'll get in, but you appear to be a strong candidate. 

12 hours ago, Gaby said:

I had offers from both Oxford and UCL with English B HL. My LNAT was 30, I think, and I had similar ECs. I don't think it matters whether you do Lit or Lang and Lit, there are no required subjects for law. People get into law with maths and sciences at HL. 

It is, still, a bit of a lottery with Oxbridge, so no one will guarantee you'll get in, but you appear to be a strong candidate. 

Thank you so much! Amazing that you got into such great unis (and that excellent LNAT score!)

On 10/26/2020 at 7:02 AM, vintagetimetable said:

I'm so insanely nervous for the future. Because almost every law student in UCL or Oxbridge who did IB did English Lit HL. The thing is, in my school, only one person in the past 50 years has achieved a 7 in HL Lit. So I opted for Lang Lit HL, but I'm worried it'll weaken my application.

I'm almost done with my first term in IB Y1. My scores are as follows.

HL Lang Lit- 7

HL History- 7 (my teacher will 100% predict me a 6 though)

HL Econ- 7

SL Math AA- 7

SL Bio- 7

SL Spanish B- 7

For ECs, I am on my school's MUN team, am an award-winning public speaker (silver and golds in our regional competitions), run an Economics club and our school's TED-ed club, have won awards in the Scholastic Writing Competition.

On LNAT practices, I'm getting around 27-28.

Would I have a change for Oxbridge or UCL if I maintained these scores?

You should be fine! But I wouldn't get too sure. My friend got a 45 on her IB and didn't make it into Oxford... 

Fingers crossed though!