I just failed my first math test. How f***** am I?

Yamato22

Basically what it says in the title. Context: my school grades on a 1-7 scale similar to ib but more harsh.

School focuses on growth( gives predicted based on growth) but I don’t know if I can grow seeing as it just gets harder and harder. I get the concepts and the homework sets I can do. But come quiz come test, the difficulty of the problems seem to be on a different level (gone to teacher multiple times). I got a literal 2 on the test which if I were to state it as a percentage level I got a 12%. 

I need math aa hl for uni req and acted all high and mighty with my parents saying I like math(I do actually like calculus) but I have a parent teacher conference next week and they don’t know about my grades.

How f***** am I?

Was it an FA or UESA. What was it?

I scored a 3 in Physics SL in my UESA and the actual marks were 14/50. This is 28%. However, I managed to pull through and get 15/17 in my next exam which gave me 7.

Bruh relax

And do inform your parents about it.

1 minute ago, Lappy said:

Was it an FA or UESA. What was it?

I scored a 3 in Physics SL in my UESA and the actual marks were 14/50. This is 28%. However, I managed to pull through and get 15/17 in my next exam which gave me 7.

Bruh relax

And do inform your parents about it. But relax only after ur parents are informed.

14 hours ago, Yamato22 said:

Basically what it says in the title. Context: my school grades on a 1-7 scale similar to ib but more harsh.

School focuses on growth( gives predicted based on growth) but I don’t know if I can grow seeing as it just gets harder and harder. I get the concepts and the homework sets I can do. But come quiz come test, the difficulty of the problems seem to be on a different level (gone to teacher multiple times). I got a literal 2 on the test which if I were to state it as a percentage level I got a 12%. 

I need math aa hl for uni req and acted all high and mighty with my parents saying I like math(I do actually like calculus) but I have a parent teacher conference next week and they don’t know about my grades.

How f***** am I?

Hi Yamato22,

I believe I'm in the same boat as you. I've just started DP1 and taken Math AA HL too because I've enjoyed the subject in the past and still have no clue about what I want to do. Trust me, I understand where you're coming from. My school believes in progress too, and so, instead of being graded out of 7, it feels like we're being graded out of 5 because it seems like the maximum possible grade as of now. However, just remember, this in no shape or form indicates that you're going to stay with a 2 for the rest of the two-year course. 

To ensure progress, my teacher has strongly suggested that we attempt higher-level practice problems from the textbook and other online resources a minimum of 2 hours each day. Nonetheless, have some faith in yourself and I believe you can easily score a 7 by the end of DP2!

Also, I suggest you tell your parents about your grades before the conference. This way they'll hear it from you and not your teacher, and you can convince them that you're going to keep working hard and are aiming to score a higher grade. During the conference, you could ask your teachers to back your claim in front of your parents too.

Good luck!