Tech help? - Word 2007

purple

=\

Hey guys,

I'm on a vista machine and I've been trying to install my Word 2007. It still keeps opening up in Works (ugh) so I tried setting it as my default using the "Default Programs" that vista has... but it never shows up on the list even if I do the whole browse->find program thing.

Can anyone help me? Any suggestions?

Thanks, but it still doesn't work =\

I'm pretty sure I've completely installed it correctly. I uninstalled it completely, restarted my computer, reinstalled it, restarted my computer again, and it still didn't work. I did this with admin control on my computer.

I've given up since, 'cause I had to work on my World Lit, but I've almost gotten used to just using the "Open" function. But it's still really annoying...

Thanks, but it still doesn't work =\

I'm pretty sure I've completely installed it correctly. I uninstalled it completely, restarted my computer, reinstalled it, restarted my computer again, and it still didn't work. I did this with admin control on my computer.

I've given up since, 'cause I had to work on my World Lit, but I've almost gotten used to just using the "Open" function. But it's still really annoying...

So you mean nothing works? Excel, powerpoint nothing at all? I'm gathering you're using the 'non-legit' version of Microsoft or are you actually using the one you brought (the one that came with a license)

I'm gathering you're using the 'non-legit' version of Microsoft or are you actually using the one you brought (the one that came with a license)

I doubt she is going to disclose this... What does this have to do with anything though?

Edited by Max

It's nothing about software being non legit.

OP - Right click the word file, open with, and when the dialog comes up, check the option that says 'Always open with'... You can also do it by right clicking and getting the properties and changing the way it opens.

Other than that, Windows is a total POS and do your best to be rid of it!

So you mean nothing works? Excel, powerpoint nothing at all? I'm gathering you're using the 'non-legit' version of Microsoft or are you actually using the one you brought (the one that came with a license)

HAHA. It's legit.

But everything works, I just can't get it to like... if I click on a .doc file, right now it's doing something weird with internet explorer. I can't get it to open in Word 2007. I HAVE tried the whole, right-click set as default program thing, but even if I go browse and I click on MSWORD or whatever, it never shows up on the list.

If you can actually see the Word 2007 icon anywhere, try right-clicking and clicking on Run as administrator...it worked when I had the same problem with Photoshop..if not, I'll dig around some more..

Even if I get it to run as an administrator, how does that get it set as my default program for .doc files?

Then go o program files and then set it as default. If you don't know how to do this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...14134639AA53Rub

I've already tried this. And it's really odd what happens. I go to default programs, and it's not on the recommended files. So I click browse and I go through the whole process of finding the file and WORD.exe or whatever, but when I click "Open", and it goes back to the windows with all of the recommended programs, it's not on there. So I can't choose it no matter what I do =\

I've already tried this. And it's really odd what happens. I go to default programs, and it's not on the recommended files. So I click browse and I go through the whole process of finding the file and WORD.exe or whatever, but when I click "Open", and it goes back to the windows with all of the recommended programs, it's not on there. So I can't choose it no matter what I do =\

You can always call or email Microsoft for help ;D