Heart of Darkness and Wuthering Heights

dixie4x42000

[quote name='dixie4x42000' post='37056' date='Feb 16 2009, 08:40 PM']I have to write a commentary comparing the narrative techniques in Heart of Darkness and Wuthering Heights. I need to discuss things like why Joseph Conrad chooses not to name the narrator and why both authors use narrarators in their novles. Anything interesting that I should discuss? Ideas?[/quote]

Maybe it'll help by thinking about 3rd person limited/unlimited omniscient view and how it helps to bring out the respective themes.

[quote name='dixie4x42000' post='37056' date='Feb 16 2009, 12:40 PM']I have to write a commentary comparing the narrative techniques in Heart of Darkness and Wuthering Heights. I need to discuss things like why Joseph Conrad chooses not to name the narrator and why both authors use narrarators in their novles. Anything interesting that I should discuss? Ideas?[/quote]

dude i dont know

Ok, thanks abel. Maarten, you n00b.

I got the rubric for the essay today with the question we have to answer. Here it is:
A story has to be told by somebody. Compare in detail your impressions of the “story-tellers” in Heart of Darkness and Wuthering Heights. Was the “story-teller” the same as the writher (implicitly or explicitly) or not? How does this question influence your reading?

[quote name='dixie4x42000' post='37249' date='Feb 18 2009, 11:55 AM']Ok, thanks abel. Maarten, you n00b.

I got the rubric for the essay today with the question we have to answer. Here it is:
A story has to be told by somebody. Compare in detail your impressions of the “story-tellers” in Heart of Darkness and Wuthering Heights. Was the “story-teller” the same as the writher (implicitly or explicitly) or not? How does this question influence your reading?[/quote]
haha must i remind you who gets the A's in english?

[quote name='dixie4x42000' post='37249' date='Feb 18 2009, 11:55 AM']Ok, thanks abel. Maarten, you n00b.

A story has to be told by somebody. Compare in detail your impressions of the “story-tellers” in Heart of Darkness and Wuthering Heights. Was the “story-teller” the same as the writher (implicitly or explicitly) or not? How does this question influence your reading?[/quote]

you could talk about Nelly Dean and Marlow...
how marlow is representing Joseph Conrad in the novel whereas Nelly Dean is her own person...??