The USA and Terrorism EE

Sugarpop

My research question will be something along the lines of "To what extent has US foreign policy caused terrorism?"

Does the question come across as biased?
Is the topic too wide or narrow? Should I specify a timespan?
I'm a bit lost for inspiration just now. Any suggestions as to how I might get things moving?

No bias involved, because in history, you are trying to assert a point. One that might not be so obvious. However, do avoid all possible language that gears toward carrying out a negative connotation. This will be counter to the purpose of a history EE, stating facts in a particular way.

The topic is quiet broads, and from what I understand of EE histroy guidelines, you cant do something so recent ?! correct me if I am mistaken, but that topic should under the guidelines for history, be off limits due to close proximity of its event.

You should be focusing on a particular foreign policy aspect. Like effect of foreign policy affiliation with Iraq on the agriculture of Central America. Trust me when I say, 4,000 words is nothing. Ridiculously easy. I am writing a Chem paper on Titration and I have so far 2,359 words. Not even in the analysis part (at least 1,000 more). And this is just my daily HW from going into the lab..

Far too broad. Were you planning on writing your EE on every single country in the world?

I read a historical investigation that was 2000 words long, and it was titled: To what extent did the USA's anti-communist policies contribute to the rise of the Taleban during the years ____ to ____? (I forgot the years that were discussed). The person could have written far more than 2000 words on it, but that was the word limit.

What subject are you writing your EE under? If it's history, it can't be something that's happening currently. Pick a specific country, a specific terrorist organization or a kind of terrorism, and a time span. E.g. To what extent did US foreign policy under President _______ lead to the rise of ______ during the years ________ to _______? It will be impossible to write an EE covering all of the history of one country.

It doesn't matter if the title it's biased, since you're either arguing for or against the title.