Dana_ib2021

Hi Dana,

This is the point where you have to do a bit of research yourself. That is a big part of the EE, coming up with your own research question. If you're interested in 20th century american literature, then you've already got a starting point. I would suggest the next step be going to the library and picking out some works of 20th century american literature that you might be interested in writing about, reading them and see if any of them grab you. Why are you specifically interested in 20th century american literature? If you can answer what it is in particular that interests you about that, it might also help you narrow down what books to pick.

On 4/2/2020 at 11:24 AM, Sandwich said:

Hi Dana,

This is the point where you have to do a bit of research yourself. That is a big part of the EE, coming up with your own research question. If you're interested in 20th century american literature, then you've already got a starting point. I would suggest the next step be going to the library and picking out some works of 20th century american literature that you might be interested in writing about, reading them and see if any of them grab you. Why are you specifically interested in 20th century american literature? If you can answer what it is in particular that interests you about that, it might also help you narrow down what books to pick.

Thanks so much! Once the libraries reopen, I'll get right on that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 11:01 PM, MountEETOKIA said:

Hi there!

I remember when I was still doing the IB last year, teachers advised students doing an English EE to choose books which won famous book prizes.

E.g.: Nobel Prize in Literature, Pulitzer Prize, Warwick prize for writing, and etc.

I happen to have a high-scoring student written sample of an English EE. If you want it for reference/inspiration, you can check it out here.

Cheers! Let me know if I helped.

Thanks so much! This will be very useful!