Funny/Stupid/Ridiculous TOK presentations?

biochem

The TOK presentations at my School were actually hilarious. Not many people scored so well as they hoped. Here are some of the best:

1. A girl went up and played a 7 min video for a "Tibet Conflict" video. Then, took 3 min to let someone answer a long question on economics, and finally replied: "Yup! that sounds kind of right cause you said it". And she didnt know, for the second IA in a row, that there is a time limit on these things.

2. Playing an irrelevant video of "Big Mamas House" and making connections to child beating.

3. Doing a "movie review" for 8 min o_o. Then speeding it up, and by 15 min, still going going. going. I zoned out.

4. Not covering a topic on a power point because, the friend admitted, it was "too hard"...

5. Using Racial terms While doing a presentation on Racism. referred to some people as "whacha ma call it, Oreos!"

I cried through all of them of laughter..

Two guys did one about how parents should treat their teenage kid or something, and to prolong it they made two video showing two cases about this. The videos were extremely long! and they used Some Rap music that jsut didnt suit, and it was funny.

After the two videos, they talked for like 3 minutes and it was over. Very funny one. OH! they brought a whole stereo set and used a microphone in a not so big computer lab and huge speakers that just made my ears pop!

Well, it was a good presentation actually, but the thing is that three guys in my class were supposed to be the government of a country (I don't remember the actual topic) and the discussion was divided in 3 acts. In the third one, the country was supposedly in crisis and when one of them said : "Well, this is over, there is nothing we can do, the country is lost." The flag that was behind them actually fell down, and it was so funny because it suited the words perfectly.

LoL! We had rap ones too. so sad <3

We had a student actually do, Flags and what they mean. and she took her perspective from bloggers on a website, and presented this screenshots with a billion bad words scattered everywhere. And then some weird 4 year old, interpreting the flag. Lots of irrelevant crap..

But those were funny :] thank you for the laugh.

Almost forgot. the best presentations are those that cover controversial issues through a bias or stupid POV. For example, a near by school had kids which turned a TOK presentation into a Bible Camp, denouncing homosexuality. Very funny. hehe

Edited by biochem

• 3 weeks later...

For our TOK presentation, my friend dressed up in a ridiculous outfit and spoke to people to see how they would react to her (it was a presentation on stereotyping and perception.) Apparently she didn't dress ridiculously enough, though...one guy said she looked really Japanese ( :dash: ) and also started flirting with her (double ;) ) Anyway, we took a video of it all and showed it to the class.

We did pretty darn well on the presentation too :)

I remember one particularly memorable TOK presentation on arranged marriage. The guy ended up pretty much bsing his way though the presentation, made horrible value judgments, and at some points we weren't even sure what he was saying. However, he ended the presentation by saying "none of this matters, because in the end, we're all going to die."

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, everyone in our class did a contravercial issue... I had no say in my group's topic being the only Junior in the group, so we did Homosexuality and our knowledge issue was How do we reduce bias?... one of the girls spent 10 min on bible verse after bible verse on how homosexuality is wrong, and how all homosexuals will burn in hell... another's argument was based on Freudian ideas of psychology as support

• 3 weeks later...

People in our school had their papers in front of their heads, unable to read their scribbled notes and not knowing one phrase by heart.

The topics had nothing to do with TOK or the students did not relate their topics to TOK at all which made it funny for teachers.

Then there were also presentations with partners where the two constantly interrupted another- don't do this, practice the presentation with your partner beforehand and watch out with time so you manage to cover the most important points in your 10 minutes not just any points.

Was fun watching the 12th graders as 11th graders sometimes we felt we could do better...