El laberinto de la soledad- Octavio Paz

Aether

For those of you who have Spanish as A1 or have read this book, I might be possibly analyzing this book for my final oral commentary and I have no idea of what to do. The problem is that I hated this book and I never finished reading a whole essay. Everytime I tried, I thought "What an ***" and I closed the book hehe. Now I don't know what to do. What are the most important things I should know about the book from an evaluative perspective?

Hey there, spanish a1 here. with this book it's all about the complexity of the definition of identity in Mexicans, and EVERYTHING has to do with that. the historical background, the analysis of the 'pachuco' and everything else has to do with identity. Paz explains this concept through the attitude of Mexicans towards parties, or towards others, or towards death or towards history or towards whatever-you-can-think-of. tbh, i didnt like the book either (and i only read five essays!). fortunately my ioc had nothing to do with it; otherwise i wouldve probably killed myself. Ill try to find some notes on the book, but I probably dont have that much. good luck!