T.O.K Presentation

ImMario

so my teacher just told us yesterday that we have to start thinking about our presentations. mine's due in March. the thing is he told us we could do it on whatever we want but there are so many things out there that i don't know what to do it on. do you guys have any ideas of any topics that work well with "knowledge issues"

practically many issues can fall in all categories of ways of knowing, + ETC.
I would suggest picking out a narrow topic, finding a partner (more thnigs to get in with theextra 10 min) and then open your tok book and go section by section and try to use TOK terms. I got a 19/20 on my presentation. Thats kind of what I did.
I investigated a Physics experiment called the "double Slit Experiment". VERRRY narrow. and many people thought I couldnt pull it off, but I ended up getting lots of details in. So choosing something so small is a good idea.

I can tell u if I could re-do it I would have taken 3 partners total, and done the topic: teraforming!! Its where they taken these great parameters to build a new planet, its happening right now in Japan, an elevator to the moon. You could seriously, put in a Lot of work but get a guaranteed 20/20 with 3 people (30-40 minutes), and then discuss EVerything from the book as far as terms. Extensive, but depedns on if you want a sealed start on the +3 points.

by the way, I :P your class line up for HL :D

con su situation, por lo comun, tienes lios con las clases porque yo sé necesitas leer muchos libros solamente. El cambio no es mas deficil para ti? Tengo lios cuando necesito traducir las fraces por mi banco de trabajo frecuentemente.

Edited by biochem

I went through the same trouble as you are now. Since I was doing my presentation alone, I just put the issue in the back of my head until woops! the day of telling the teacher our topic came. Since I didn't have at least a faint idea of what to do, the teacher lent me her ToK manual where there were a lot of knowledge issues from different areas of knowledge. I chose one of it, and I shaped it up to my convenience and interest. Also, many IB books, specially science books, have a little note in the margin where they say "ToK issues" , you can also take ideas from that.

You know, TOK presentation is the best part of TOK.
You can do it on almost any global issue as long as you include the TOK aspect of it.
I did my first one on Child Abuse and the second one on AIDS in AFRICA.
I got 17 on the first one..and the second one im not sure but my teacher said it was pertty better than 17.