hist ia summary of evidence format

irenesme

I don't think "randomly-thrown-together" sounds like a very good idea. I'm writing mine in continuous prose, but I'm practically positive I read somewhere that it is fine to have it in a list format. However, this is where you should make sure to explain exactly what you mean; randomly throwing together quotes won't give your reader a good idea of what the issue is about, and that is what you're supposed to do in this section.

I think "summary of evidence" is a pretty bad name for it; what it actually is is a brief explanation of the issue you're writing about. The analysis of the evidence should come in the Analysis section, obviously.

You are allowed to do your summary of evidence in either bullet point form or in continuous prose. Some say that bullet points show the facts very clearly, and other say that prose is better since it flows more. It's an individual choice. Bullet points may reduce your word count if it's too high, since you can cut out some verbs.

Obviously you should try to have facts that lead on to other related facts, rather than a mix of sentences. You could write your summary of evidence in prose form first, and then change it to bullet point. That way it will make sense.

I also wrote a continuous prose.

"The summary of evidence is a description of events that are directly relevant to your research question and that will help you answer the question. (Are there different perspectives and different information?) The summary of evidence should have plenty of referencing. If you don't know how or when to reference documents, please see me for some guidance. This part should be 350-600 words. This part is worth 5 points."

That's the information our teacher gave us!