History EE Advice (Nuremberg Trials) - RQ and Argument Advice

bikram9256

Hello everyone,

For my EE, I have decided to make it over the Nuremberg Trials and in History/Group 3, since I love learning about history and have am interested in law as well. My current research question is as follows: "To what extent were the Nuremberg Trials hampered by tensions between the Soviet judges and Western ones?"

Basically, I wanted to analyze how the beginnings of Cold War tensions and oddities of the trials, such as how the Soviets themselves participated in the invasion of Poland, may have hindered the proceedings of the trials through the relations between the Soviet prosecutors and judges and those from the US, UK, and France. I am still in the process of researching, but for a vague idea for my argument, I would analyze the differences between the legal practices of the USSR and the West, which were pretty different, and events during the trial such as the Soviet judge "discussing" the invasion of Poland as a German indictment when they participated as well, and how this affected the trials and the audience. I would look at sources from both sides

My questions are: Is my question appropriate for the EE? Is it too narrow or not narrow enough, and would I need to reword it? And would my argument be reasonable? (I pulled these questions off of the IB Survival EE Guide).

Thanks!