Group 4

Capa

What did you guys get in your group 4 projects?

I feel that our teaches assessed us totally wrong and we ended up getting a grade based on only our presentation.

How are they actually supposed to be assessed and how much of the final grade does it count for?

Capa...

As of the syllabus for exams ending M08, Group 4s are not worth anything except 10 lab hours.

Edit: Checking the 09 syllabus, I managed to find that you will be assessed on your personal skills from the group 4. It counts for 10-12 hours.

[quote=Physics 09 Syllabus]Note: The personal skills criterion is assessed in the group 4 project only and is to be found in “The group 4 project” section.[/quote]

Further edit: [quote=Physics 09 Syllabus (Page 39)]Assessment
The group 4 project is to be assessed for the personal skills criterion only and this will be the only place where this criterion is assessed. It is up to the school how this assessment takes place.
[b]Note:[/b] The group 4 project is not to be used for the assessment of the other criteria.[/quote]

Please do check the syllabus before posting.

[quote name='Aboo' post='34812' date='Jan 27 2009, 08:52 AM']As of the syllabus for exams ending M08, Group 4s are not worth anything except 10 lab hours.[/quote]

I tested in '08 and our teacher told us they weren't counted for very much. She said it wasn't even something they were turning in to IB.

This year, though, everyone's taking them seriously! The teachers are stressing to do well and especially to be careful of plagiarism.

[quote name='ragnarpk' post='35561' date='Feb 4 2009, 05:05 AM']my school won't even tell us what we got because "the IBO moderators may change your grades, so we dont wanna tell you in case they wont be your actual final grades"...

can you say wtf??[/quote]
No, because it's not IBO policy to give out grades before they are moderated.

At my school, to evaluate our Personal Skills and give us a mark, and they require us to discuss our planning and research on Angel, which is kinda an internet forum, except you basically get one message board and only your group members can post (you have about 10 people in your group).

hmmm... so if someone has got two group 4 subjects, it will count twice as much than for people with one group 4 subject?
I worked some people with only one group 4 subject, I ended up with a 4, then, just a few weeks ago, the teachers told us that they had been too strict so they added one grade to all pupils. In other words: a 5! Now.. what is going to be sent in to moderators?? After what I know, the only evidence our teachers have about our presentations is the notes they took while listening.

:S