Stop the madness!

Abu

I'm sure most of you have facebook, and if you do, please report this stupid group.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=56772184973&ref=nf

In case you don't, here's what it says:

'If only ADOLF HITLER was alive...'

'If only Hitler was alive till today or had completed his mission, killed all those Jews!!! and Palestine would not have been suffering today.'

Personally, I'd give the person a bitch-slap and a lecture about humanity etc. but the second we start impeding upon freedom of speech... Well you know, that's not right either. Nor is it helpful, except perhaps on a massive scale (like the population of a country). Censorship offends me.

I don't think freedom of speech should be extended to allow people to make inflammatory or racist remarks. Even in the US, the "land of the free", you can't stand up in Congress and say "I don't like Obama coz he's black".

That amounts to what the people on Facebook were saying, except they were calling for the continued ethnic cleansing of one race. There's no such thing as complete freedom of speech. People have to learn self-censorship.

I'm not advocating a government crackdown on opinion, but Facebook should shut down groups like that because allowing people to preach racism in such a public place is offensive to so many people, especially Holocaust survivors.

I don't think freedom of speech should be extended to allow people to make inflammatory or racist remarks. Even in the US, the "land of the free", you can't stand up in Congress and say "I don't like Obama coz he's black".

That amounts to what the people on Facebook were saying, except they were calling for the continued ethnic cleansing of one race. There's no such thing as complete freedom of speech. People have to learn self-censorship.

I'm not advocating a government crackdown on opinion, but Facebook should shut down groups like that because allowing people to preach racism in such a public place is offensive to so many people, especially Holocaust survivors.

I agree wholeheartedly that what they're doing is wrong, but just to play devil's advocate here I think freedom of speech does allow it. Facebook has the right to shut it down because they're a private company, but if this person wanted to protest that Hitler should kill the Jews as horrible as that sounds in my opinion they at least have the right to...naturally people have the right not to listen!

I agree wholeheartedly that what they're doing is wrong, but just to play devil's advocate here I think freedom of speech does allow it. Facebook has the right to shut it down because they're a private company, but if this person wanted to protest that Hitler should kill the Jews as horrible as that sounds in my opinion they at least have the right to...naturally people have the right not to listen!

Freedom of speech does not extend onto hate speech.

wow...

i like studying about him, but considering that if he had succeeded i might be either

1. dead

2. living under Japanese rule (which would not be like today considering that they would prob still be a monarchy/ whatever its called)

that is pretty scary...

by the way there's a fiction book about what life would be like if Germany won the war: 'the High Tower'.

its an ok read if anyone wants to read it.