Are these normal Grades?

IBWarren

Speech and Inquiry Skills... what are those? They're good marks but surely, you're not in IB yet?

those are none IB classes. inquiry skill, at least at my first high school, was just a fancy way of saying SAT prep class, and then i only had to take it in high school coz my state requiered that i take it.

Here are my grades as a Freshman, 91.2 in Algebra 2, 93.5 in English, 99.9 in Speech, 97.2 in Econ, 89.3 in Bio, a 94.7 in Spanish 2, and a 100 in inquiry skills. Are these ok grades?

Good grades, of course, but remember that for non-IB courses, your marks are gonna be pretty inflated. Most people that got straight 90+ in grades 9 and 10, and ended up with 32-38 for final grades. Likewise, my super-sucky math education in middle school left me starting at 81, and four years later, at a predicted 6 in math HL (from the teacher who never predicts 7s, so that's a max) Things change, but talent doesn't. Right now, the only thing you have to go on is what you find you excell at, and that may not be your top marked class. Either way, the grades show that you're obviously taking specialized courses, and that you're doing quite well. Keep it up over the next while and make sure you live up to your potential.