World Lit essay (help(?))

HJ:)

The title says it all.

basically, all we have to do is find something that links two books together.

here are the choices that I can pick from:

1.wide sargasso sea

2.Metamorphosis

3.Outsider

4.men in the sun

anyone have any ideas???

and to be honest, i don't exactly know what type of 'linkage' I have to find'

i'm not blaming it on the teacher but, she didn't exactly explain 'fully' of what we have to do.

So... can anyone help??

I haven't read any of those books, so I can't help in that respect.

However, just find something common in 2 of the novels and compare them, basically.

I did Madame Bovary and Crime and Punishment and I BELIEVE I spoke about suffering of the protagonist in both novels.

However, in one book, the protagonist redeems himself and the other kills herself and what lead to that and the comparisons and contrasts of both their sufferings etc etc.

So yeah, it's pretty simple... it's just a matter of finding the connection :S

I've done with my world Lit. Just like you, I also have to link between two novel.

The novel are Okonkwo and Heart of Darkness. However, the novel is the translated version of the language subject that I took.

Looking on the similarity in both novel, I compare about imperialism that give impact on the primitive people in the country.

So, I suggest you to chose two novels that has the closest similarity that you can compare and contrast. If you can try to find at least 5 points that you can elaborate on. Make comparison on each point and include extract from the text to support it.

hello

lol i have to hand my lit essay tommorow , i did the odyssey vs agamanon ( title: how motherhood is potryed in the main women charcters in the play and the epic poem?)

these folowing stuff had helped me a lot and i am pretty sure it will help u too :

http://www.abc.edu.sv/seniors/English/homepage/index.htm

this website contains everything u need ( marking schemes, examples assigments HL + SL, planning ur essay, ect....)

so all you have to do is to write a rough storm up of all the themes that connects the two books you chose with each other, and summon a qustion up from the themes u collected to be your essay title

for example i did my essay on motherhood , so u can do it on love or women :P

important:the less general your tilte is the more fouced it is and this will help u reach the higher level !

i hope i was helpfull and good luck

Edited by JUNIOR.W

Hey i have not read those books but have completed both my world lit essays. For the comparitive world lit 1 analyse a common theme or the use of symbolism or the importance of setting on the plot. Make sure that you give your personal response to your question by commenting on how someting in the text had an effect on you as a reader. you can be very direct and give your feeling or reaction to an event in the plot.

good luck :angrymob:

I've never actually read metamorphosis but I've heard so much about its quality.

If I would have to do it, I would pick metamorphosis and outsiders because they both have to do something with how someone changes their mental and philosophical mind.

Anyway, good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

gee. wish i could be of some help but i havent read those books (ironically 2 of them are sitting on my bookshelf, they were in our booklist but we havent read them - will be in 2nd yr in...2 days *how depressing)

but basically with mine (The Cherry Orchard and Hedda Gabler)

i just kept reading and rereading the texts

and just taking notes as i went by

and almost magically found a link

or you can did what my teacher told my classmate to do,

while reading, look for: patterns, emphasis, details, vivid passages, and logic of development

or: something called the four moment test

after reading, select which book you favor the most and then spontaneously jot down 4 moments or aspects that stand out from your memory

and then work from there.

may not be that much help but i hope it works for you :(