Pet Peeves

Ruan Chun Xian

So what are your pet peeves? Just some things you just get annoyed at or can't stand.

Me: Laundry. I hate doing laundry. Unfortunately I still have to do my own laundry. sigh.

I also hate the sound of rustling plastic bags. This originated from IGCSE and IB exams. We aren't allowed to take pencil cases in so most people take their pens in in see through plastic bags. But instead of pouring them out like I do, they leave their freaking pens in the bags and all the way through the exams, there would be this RUSTLING noise every once in a while. It's extremely annoying!!!!!!

I also hate being nagged and people accusing me of things I haven't done.

Oh and I hate noobs asking stupid questions before reading FAQ and Rules DESPITE the fact that in both the welcome PM and announcements around the forums tell them to READ THE FAQ AND RULES! Take the hint, people.

Just for the record this isn't a rant about noobs. I really seriously made this thread for the purpose that is in the title - to discuss pet peeves. Then this just came out. :P

having bad timing for spikes when I haven't played volleyball in a long time :P it takes me ages to get back into the whole "oh this is when I have to jump" system! :P

plus my belly sticking out after I eat :lol: I mean WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO KEEP IT IN?! starve? no way! :lol:

oh and acne :lol:

Pronounciation... bad pronounciation annoys me to no end, especially where people from one country (starting with a U and ending with an A) decide to say the names of cities in Australia wrong. Another example is people saying 'arcs' instead of ask.

People who say yes and mmm while you are talking, in the middle of your sentence/ when you clearly have not broken speech for reassurance.

• 1 month later...

I hate it when people are talking when the teacher or other students are talking or presenting. Especially when the teacher has already scolded them many times before for talking in class. They don't learn their lesson and SHUT UP the next time.

I hate the pens and pencils on which people put shaky stuff that makes a LOT of noise and they decide to use that particular piece of stationary while writing a test disturbing everyone else with that stupid sound.

I hate it when people shuffle around, sniff, cough, etc. (make noise) during a test. It's frustrating and hard to concentrate.

I have more, but I can't remember them right now. lol! =D!

• 1 month later...
Guest whatever

i hate chewing sounds of people near me! even though i have the loudest chewing voice..

coz i don't realise it if i do it myself ,but with others.. i just wanna kick them out of the way..

yup weird

i hate chewing sounds of people near me! even though i have the loudest chewing voice..

coz i don't realise it if i do it myself ,but with others.. i just wanna kick them out of the way..

yup weird

Ecccch. This is my biggest one too. Especially during movies, or whenever I am talking to somebody else and they are chewing something at the same time. I know it is entirely hypocritical, but I can't help it! Also, when people scrape their cutlery against their teeth. Eek. 'and people who walk on the wrong side of the hallway... 'and people who walk too slowly on the correct side of the hallway.

• 2 years later...

My pet peeves...

When my parents tell me the same thing over and over again although I have already known that. How many times do I need to tell them that I am not stupid??? I am going to be 16 soon and I know what to do and what not to do.

When the stupid fellas in my class act like a fool. Again. When would they realise that they are morons?? At least they are funny so they have a reason to stay in the class. Ugh.

Fridays. Why? Chemistry class. A lab! Ughhh I hate conducting an experiment every single week! I hate writing lab reports :console:

When I ask an important question and nobody answers. Answer me if you don't want me to throw bad words.

I hate when other people can do it and I can't. And then they laugh at me for not being able to do that. Ugh.