University dilemma

There is a university I would really really like to go --> University of Victoria in Canada because of the courses and lack of constraint or difficulty in changing faculties as I want to change from arts to sciences after I take the right level of math in the first year university. However, the disaster I am going through is that my parents find Uvic more expensive cause I would be living in campus and everything. I have been accepted to UBC, but, it is almost difficult to change from arts to sciences in that uni cause it is more competitive. My parents want me to go there nonetheless because it is cheaper as through this I wouldn't be living on campus in UBC, but at my own parent's home. My status will be changing to "international" from "domestic" in two years however, so, my question is:

- Is it hard or difficult to adapt or change universities after 2 years when already being in a different university in terms of education, choosing majors or minors, courses, etc. Like is changing unis after 2 years something quite rare and not advisable to students? 

Edited by Quastine

I know someone at UBC who switched from fine arts to computer science. Check with UBC academic advisers. In my understanding as long as you have the required first-year courses you can apply for specialization in the major. See here: https://science.ubc.ca/students/degree/apply/req.

Switching universities generally delay graduation because of missing requirements. You should check with academic advising in both schools to see which courses have equivalents in the other school. Transferring schools is only good idea if you are pursuing the same degree in both institutions.

Edited by kw0573

3 hours ago, kw0573 said:

I know someone at UBC who switched from fine arts to computer science. Check with UBC academic advisers. In my understanding as long as you have the required first-year courses you can apply for specialization in the major. See here: https://science.ubc.ca/students/degree/apply/req.

Switching universities generally delay graduation because of missing requirements. You should check with academic advising in both schools to see which courses have equivalents in the other school. Transferring schools is only good idea if you are pursuing the same degree in both institutions.

Is it very difficult to change faculties from arts to sciences or other faculty in UBC??