what is truth

sweetgirl

Truth are subject to everyone own interpretations.
Truth is the opposite to Falsehood, and in order to know what is Truth one must have Fortitude and Patience in order to obtain the Wisdom needed for decisions.
Justice and Humility is later needed in order to see the truth from ones Wisdom. You also need Honor and Honesty in order to express ones Truth.

Maybe you can define Truth into three different parts like has been describe in our TOK textbook.
Good luck with it. =D

[quote name='sweetgirl' post='30786' date='Dec 21 2008, 07:52 AM']Hey everybody, I am doing my TOK essay which is when can we trust our senses to give us truth. If I think we can never fully trust our senses to give us truth, how can I define truth? Hope someone can help me. THX.[/quote]
You have hit the reason we spend 100 hours listening to people argue about knowing things, when in reality...we can't know anything. We only accept because there is nothing better. How do we know that our friends are real and not a figment of our imaginaton? We don't. We accept they are real because that is what has been [b]believed[/b] for generations and to challenge it means challenging the core of our being, which human beings aren't very good at doing. It is for this reason that TOK is fately flawed, because we cannot know anything, so how do we know what they tell us in TOK is real?

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='sweetgirl' post='30786' date='Dec 21 2008, 06:52 AM']Hey everybody, I am doing my TOK essay which is when can we trust our senses to give us truth. If I think we can never fully trust our senses to give us truth, how can I define truth? Hope someone can help me. THX.[/quote]

Because so much of our world is subjective, a kind of truth can be found within our communities. A large consensus is needed to decide whether or not something is true. For example, religion. If enough people believe in something then it is true, for them, at that time and place. For example people used to believe the earth was flat. It has now been disproved, but at the time it was believed to be true.