TOK presentation on death

chukky

Hey everybody i'm about to present my second TOK presentation, my first one was on language in rap music but i dint do well.

My new topic is focusing on death and how it is looked at culturally,religiouslyand try and link it to other knowledge issues. However i have no idea hw to start or organise the ideas and i want to make it(death) into a focused knowledge issue

All help and advice will be appreciated thank you in advance ;)

Hi
This topic could be looked at in this way. "Why is death considered important to the human being?" "What is the significance of death?" "What is death?" "Is it when all happiness in a person dies, or is it when a tree is cut."
I hope this can help you start your brainstorming.
Bye.

Death culturally is quiet enough to cover, I would think.

El dia de los muertos is a huge contrast to other cultural values.
Proper Burial is an omnipresent concept in cultural outlook on death.
I forget which culture, but you could do a huge presentation on just this concept:
If someone is killed (death!?) in your family, you have 12 hours to kill the other person without law-based penalty. After 24 hours, it is considered murder. I forget which culture that is, but I am aware that it exists. somewhere:) so try researching it.

[quote name='chukky' post='31858' date='Jan 2 2009, 01:54 AM']Thank you guys so much with all these points, i will look at murder as ethical and unethical then link it to death as a knoowledge issue i.e where do people go when they, Does God carry them away? is there a God, is religion true? e.t.c[/quote]

i know you might have started already....but i think you're going to face trouble being objective....because from your questions...."where do people go when they die?"..."is there god?"..etc....you're obviously going to implement your point of view.....i think you should just keep it on murder...and discuss why would it be or wouldnt it be ethical....
a member of my class wanted to do a presentation with those kind of questions..and the teacher told them: "i strongly advise to avoid those kind of topics....you'll fall in subjectivity easily"....so..i advise you to keep it focused on murder
:D