Do you know anyone that's taking/going to be taking 6 HLs?

king2010

I'm very confused with all the different policies in different schools. Many people on this forum are taking more than three HLs and according to my school we are only allowed to take 3 HLs. But then my school is kind of weird... it doesn't even offer IB psychology.

generally for ib you are allowed to take three or HL subjects but i think schools regulate this because of the difficulty level of handling four HLs.. the time you would need for the assessments and all would be a lot more.. it could be very stressful.. so thats why i think. its always advisable to take three but it depends on how challenging your three higher levels really are... ^_^

there really is no correlation between the two systems. 1-7 scale caters towards the IB scale, which is made up of different aspects.

However, the teachers make up or use the American system in order to make SOME prediction for universities. that's why mocks are horrible at predicting the actual grades.

It gets even more confusing, since the European system in most countries is 1-5. Which the same basically from A-F.

However, some schools use the IB 1-7 system all throughout in order to show kids what they would get, as a reminder from the start.

Since we all come from different systems, its very confusing.

I have a friend that's had straight 4.0s and is an IB student, next year he'll be taking Math HL, Spanish HL, English HL, Bio HL, Chem HL, and History HL. @________@

Do you know anyone like this?

I don't think you can take 6 HL subjects. The explanation I got was that the most you can do is 4 HL subjects and even then you have to make sure it's within the criteria of two languages, maths, etc. You can choose to do 7 subjects, with the one extra subject done as a certificate. Maybe this is only for diploma students, but i'm not sure. Maybe he'll be able to do all the 6 HL subjects if he does them all for certificates and not a diploma.

The OP is asking if anybody knows anybody that takes 6 HL subjects, not whether if you are able to take them or not. Since no one can take 6 HLs, apart from Certificate students, this thread has no need to exist.