Course companions and revision guides

Xerox

In the forum there is a lot of talk about course companions. I have never seen anyone in my school with one though, so i wonder is it worth getting?
And what subjects might it be usefull? I have the chem and phy revision guides so far and considering to get the economics as well.
What subject did you get course companion and what subject did you have revision guides?

The Econ CC is apparently really good. I have the Bio, Chem, and Eng A1 ones which I find frankly to be useless. The Bio and Chem Study Guides, on the other hard, are really good. :sadnod:

CCs and SGs: [url="http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ib+diploma&x=0&y=0"]http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=se...amp;x=0&y=0[/url]

The only subject apart from maths where I have any books is Chemistry (SL). We haven't been given the new version of those huge green books - Neuss, I think? - although we have the ones for the old syllabus. There are many good practice questions, although you always have to be aware that it doesn't match the new syllabus completely. But we also have the Course Companion and the Study Guide. Personally, I really don't like the Companion at all. It's difficult to find the relevant information, and it's not explained in a good way. The practice questions seem to be few and rather unuseful, although I haven't looked too much at them. I get way more out from reading the Study Guide - it's concise and clear, and doesn't have any silly examples. For exam revision, I rely on the Study Guide, occasionally looking things up in my notes from class.

Don't know about the others, though!